Monday, December 21, 2009

Back in Action!

I'm so sorry for the delay in posting! I will be posting on a weekly basis from now on with new pics, tips, techniques, and so on. I had my 1st show in October and it went really well! I sold 4 dolls, 5 "celestioscopes", and several brooms. I have also been published this month in American Miniaturist with a feature article and a tutorial for my broom making technique. What an awesome thing! I also have my new website up and running at www.mikebarbourdolls.com . All of these things took a lot of work and patience on everyone's part. I'd like to especially Thank Jamie Carrington, my own personal "Merlin" for suggesting the article to Martha Puff as well as Martha herself and her brilliant son Michael. They were very helpful in getting my photos "print ready" and teaching me what to do and what to avoid. I'd also like to Thank Anne Gerdes for designing an awesome website and for teaching me how to edit website ready photos for all purposes. As I said, lots of patience on the part of these people is what it took to get me to this point. I will forever be grateful to them for maiking my dream come true.
We got 23 inches of snow on Fri/Sat! And I also got a wicked cold/sore throat/congestion. Guess what I've been doing! I got into a sort of pre-Christmas funk and just squirreled away with books and clay. Watched plenty of movies and got lots of inspiration for dolls. I'm working on a "mad scientist" for one of my celestioscopes. Sort of like the old scientists in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I will take and post photos today and put them up here tomorrow. Thanks for not giving up on me folks. I'll be here from now on... God Willing!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you have posted again, but really sorry you had the funks over the Holidays, that is the pits.
    Congratulations on your wonderful success with your dolls, show and your beautiful web site, keep up the good work.
    Really looking forward to seeing you this summer.

    ReplyDelete